Umm Al'aa has made a promise: never to tell her child who his father is .
On the contrary, Mohammed grow surrounded by the love of his mother and siblings.
He never tells anyone his mother was pregnant with him when she was raped by a militant ISIS while she was kidnapped by the terrorist group.
"It's my son, not the son of Isis" insists Al'aa said, adding that her baby is as much a part of the family as are their other children.
Umm Al'aa is a pseudonym, because CNN does not identify to protect her and her family. The 40 year old woman was already mother and grandmother when ISIS took control of her hometown in 2014.
She says that while his neighbors supported ISIS, she and her family refused to promise allegiance to the terrorist group, which turned white.
ISIS soldiers regularly came to his home to threaten with submission. On one occasion attacked his daughter.
"They came and beat her," she says. "They tore the veil and tore his clothes. They said 'we are going to rape her', but who commanded the bigger, the was not allowed. Instead he said: 'We want to mom,' "says the woman.
Days later, Umm Al'aa corralled on the market.
"I was told to go up in the car, and when I got thought they would kill me," she recalls. But they had other plans.
Surviving abduction
"You will be our slave," said ISIS men.
For a year and a half she lived as a prisoner, "like a dead person, but they had not killed me yet."
Towards the end of his time in captivity one of the militants beat her and raped her.
"I tried to fight, I cried a lot," she tells CNN. "There was a lot of pain, I hit a lot, but I could not do anything."
At the time of her release she was pregnant with a child.
Determined to move on and forget the horrors she had experienced, she appointed his son Mohammed, as her husband.
But the happiness of his family after his meeting was short: her husband recently died in the midst of battles on the outskirts of Mosul, where Iraqi troops and coalition forces face ISIS.
"He loved me. My best memory of him is how much he loved me and respected me. " She said "Yes, we were poor, but we were very happy." she added
On the contrary, Mohammed grow surrounded by the love of his mother and siblings.
He never tells anyone his mother was pregnant with him when she was raped by a militant ISIS while she was kidnapped by the terrorist group.
"It's my son, not the son of Isis" insists Al'aa said, adding that her baby is as much a part of the family as are their other children.
Umm Al'aa is a pseudonym, because CNN does not identify to protect her and her family. The 40 year old woman was already mother and grandmother when ISIS took control of her hometown in 2014.
She says that while his neighbors supported ISIS, she and her family refused to promise allegiance to the terrorist group, which turned white.
ISIS soldiers regularly came to his home to threaten with submission. On one occasion attacked his daughter.
"They came and beat her," she says. "They tore the veil and tore his clothes. They said 'we are going to rape her', but who commanded the bigger, the was not allowed. Instead he said: 'We want to mom,' "says the woman.
Days later, Umm Al'aa corralled on the market.
"I was told to go up in the car, and when I got thought they would kill me," she recalls. But they had other plans.
Surviving abduction
"You will be our slave," said ISIS men.
For a year and a half she lived as a prisoner, "like a dead person, but they had not killed me yet."
Towards the end of his time in captivity one of the militants beat her and raped her.
"I tried to fight, I cried a lot," she tells CNN. "There was a lot of pain, I hit a lot, but I could not do anything."
At the time of her release she was pregnant with a child.
Determined to move on and forget the horrors she had experienced, she appointed his son Mohammed, as her husband.
But the happiness of his family after his meeting was short: her husband recently died in the midst of battles on the outskirts of Mosul, where Iraqi troops and coalition forces face ISIS.
"He loved me. My best memory of him is how much he loved me and respected me. " She said "Yes, we were poor, but we were very happy." she added

No comments:
Post a Comment