Wednesday, June 7, 2017

United States: Former FBI Chief Confirms Trump Pressured

US President Donald Trump (G) and former FBI director James Comey (G).

The preliminary statement of James Comey was made public by Congress. This is the text that the former director of the FBI will read on Thursday, June 8, before being questioned by parliamentarians who investigate the Russian affair and its many ramifications. The hearing of James Comey is highly anticipated, as its consequences could be devastating for Donald Trump.



James Comey reports on his day-to-day contacts with the President of the United States. The senior official confirms all the leaks that appeared in the press since the beginning of the case.

In January, Donald Trump invites James Comey to dine face to face, he expresses a request "I  expect from you of loyalty  ". The FBI director replies that he is committed to being "  honest  ."

In February, the president insists on seeing James Comey alone after a meeting. "  I want to talk to you about Mike Flynn," Donald Trump said. This is a good guy, I hope you will let the investigation go about him."

In March, then in April, again according to this account written by James Comey, he receives two calls from the president. The latter renews a request: "  I want the FBI to make public, the fact that I am not personally under investigation  ". James Comey does not explain to Donald Trump why he saves time. In fact, he feared that such a public statement would be contradicted by the investigation.

Throughout this story, James Comey explains his discomfort at the pressing demands of the billionaire. And he confesses: "  I asked the Minister of Justice to spare me head to head with the president."

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape