Friday, November 4, 2016

United States North Carolina, The Vote For The Presidency Has Already Started

American voters have already started to vote for the election of 8 November. This is called the "early voting". Early voting is allowed in 37 states. Among them, North Carolina, a "Swing State", a state that can swing Democratic or Republican side, as we saw in 2008 and in 2012. This year is observed a craze for early voting, although Trump the Clinton campaign does not seem to raise the crowds.


In Raleigh, the administrative capital of North Carolina, many voters favour early voting. It is mostly the Democrats moving. Like "Vince" fifties, taxi driver and carpenter who was not sure to be able to move on 8 November.

"  I wanted to make my vote against Trump! Because I do not agree, especially not agree with his policies, he asserts with conviction. It is unfair on immigration, it is unfair to low-income workers, and it is unfair women it treats women as second class citizens, they are not, they are our equal!  "

Early voting

The Democrats crisscrosses North Carolina by calling on voters to vote, as did again Wednesday Barack Obama on the campus of the University at Chapel Hill. Republicans also call their voters to move the polls. Vote early, this is what Charity, quarantine.

"  I want my opinion counts, so I have decided to vote today, she said. I voted for Trump because it pleases me, I like his ideas, and I think Hillary is a liar . I listened to two debates, I loved nothing of what she said. I like Trump. And the Republican blood flows in my veins, because my grandfather was always Republican, and was in us, so I always vote Republican.  "
North Carolina's vote for president but also for senators and the governor. And the battle is fierce.

The law called "HB2" promulgated by Republican Gov. Pat McCrory, was invited into the country. This law prohibited since April transgender to go in public toilets of their chosen sex.

Another point of tension, advance voting system nearly suffered restrictions in the state because of a law in 2013 that amputated the right to vote by targeting people of color. The Supreme Court has blocked the decision last August, said Mike Meno of the Association for Civil Rights.

"  Lawmakers have reduced the number of days of early voting from 17 to 10, they removed the pre-registration on the electoral lists. It was very systems used by American and Latino black voters, he analyzes. The Supreme Court has recognized this, and said that North Carolina had targeted black American voters with, I quote, "  a almost surgical precision  ", demanding their identification documents that whites are more likely to possess. Students and young voters were those who experienced these voting restrictions disproportionately.  "

Democrats hope the support of black Americans

The participation of African Americans to vote is one of the key issues on which many consider the Democratic camp in North Carolina. Yet they are currently less likely to have moved to the polls. Louis is wearing a shirt on which he stuck the label "  I have voted in advance  ." However went to vote without conviction.

"  I wanted to avoid the crowds and November 8, queues, and then I work next door, I did not need to go to my own poll , says the young man of 28 years. J ' I voted for Hillary. I'm not a fan of Trump, he says. Look who supports! These are a lot of white nationalists, so this is a sign for me. I was not very enthusiastic about this election. But I felt that I had to participate, I forced myself to vote. I hope we will have better candidates next time  , "he laughs.

Voters can go to vote prematurely in North Carolina until Saturday, November 6 to 13 pm, or wait until the election day on November 8th.

No comments:

Protected by Copyscape